Posted on January 17, 2019

Why Use Chartered Surveyors

Do you need a survey done on a property? Do you need an independent assessment of the value of a property? It could be time to call in a chartered surveyor! Chartered surveyors allow you to leverage the skills of highly experienced and qualified professionals who will provide you with impartial, specialist advice on property issues. They are able to fulfil your surveying needs by assessing the value and condition of a physical asset like a house or a construction project, or by helping you to plan the creation of a new development. They can also advise you on obtaining planning permission, renovating a property, or environmental issues.

If you need a valuation for a future or even existing project or renovation then you will need to select a surveyor based on their specialism. Do you really need your farm and its assets surveyed? Then you can hire the rural inspector. Would you like your urban apartment complex surveyed? Then a building surveyor is the one for you. You may also need a chartered surveyor to give assistance at the design and implementation stages of your construction project. In this case, you can hire any construction inspector. They will offer you invaluable advice on how to maximise the land available, as well as helping consult with the planning authorities.

Do you need access to specialised information? A Right Of Light Surveyors London will have access to services and information that you may not be able to uncover easily, such as details of rights of way, affecting a property. You will want a thorough and accurate record of the outcome of the actual survey. Upon assessing the condition of you building or site, the chartered surveyor addresses this need with the provision of a report, detailing problems (including structural or environmental), potential solutions and their costs.

Before hiring a Chartered Surveyor you need to verify their credentials. Look out for the letters MRICS in their title. These are the particular letter of the fully qualified chartered surveyor. It means that they will have completed a degree course that is accredited by RICS (the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors). RICS is the largest professional body of surveyors, and any surveyor must be a member to achieve chartered status. In addition to this, your own chartered inspector must have finished a minimum of two years’ practical experience before taking the APC exam and becoming fully qualified.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *